Ayurvedic Nutritionist and Lifestyle Counselor
Jennifer Workman is the founder of The Balanced Approach, a national nutrition and weight management education program, and is the author of Stop Your Cravings. The Balanced Approach allows Jennifer to develop a personalized program tailored to meet your needs based on Ayurvedic constitutional type, medical condition, cultural background or sport & activity level. Her mission is to bridge the gap between Western medical science and the ancient wisdom of the East.
Learn how to manage stress with food, herbs and spices and design a plan to boost energy, improve digestion and maximize your health.
Jennifer is a graduate of New York University, with a Masters Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology. She is also a Registered Dietitian through The American Dietetic Association. She has completed over 3,000 hours of Ayurvedic and Yoga training through The Rocky Mountain Institute of Yoga and Ayurveda & The Ayurvedic Institute with Dr. Vasant Lad. In addition, Jennifer is a Certified Hatha Yoga Instructor and has completed a 200-hour Yoga Teacher training through The Eldorado Yoga Ashram.
Nutrition-Weight Management Education Program
Let food and exercise help you manage stress, not create more!
The Balanced Approach can help you design an individualized program based on your:
Ayurvedic Constitutional Type
Sport & Activity Level
Digestion is the key to optimal health. Make sure yours is working well!
The Balanced Approach program includes:
- Ayurvedic Nutrition: Five Elements, Six Tastes, Qualities of Foods, Imbalances
- Functional Nutrition: Digestion, Cultural Background, Food Sensitivities & Allergies, Blood Type
- Western Medicine and Sports Nutrition: Metabolic Profile, Organic Good Quality Protein, Good Fats, Non-Gluten & Low Glycemic Index Carbohydrates
- Special Diets: Vegetarian, Vegan, Yogic
- Strength in Balance: Fitness, Stress Management, Yoga, Pilates
- Learn how to apply the basic Ayurvedic principles to manage stress and cravings with food, herbs and spices.
- Learn how to incorporate organic, environmentally friendly, humane and cruelty-free products into your daily eating.
Cooking Classes Available!
The principles of Ayurveda are universal and can be applied to any ethnic tradition including a typical American cuisine.
All of our cooking classes are based on the fundamental principles using:
- Organic, seasonal & local ingredients-whenever possible
- Humane & cruelty-free ingredients and products
- Alternatives to wheat gluten, dairy, etc.
- Low glycemic index foods and lots of yummy veggies!
- Traditional ethnic flavors and ingredients satisfy cravings
- Good quality proteins and healthy fats
All recipes can be adapted to fit dietary restrictions, food allergies and sensitivities.
Our goal is to teach you how to cook, not how to follow a recipe.