Each person metabolizes food in a unique way. Therefore, there is no ideal diet or lifestyle that is right for everyone. To target a diet and supplement regiment that will optimize energy, optimize nutrient utilization, and help establish ideal body weight we need to ask the following questions:
- Does one’s body burn carbohydrates, fats, or proteins more efficiently?
- How well insulin is regulated (hypoglycemia, pre-diabetes, insulin resistance, or diabetes)?
- Does one’s sense of well being and energy level depend on food or is it driven by the autonomic nervous system?
- Is the sympathetic or parasympathetic nervous system more dominant?
- What is the hydration status of the body?
- Are remedies other than water needed to help the hydration status?
- Are water, toxins, and nutrients being transferred efficiently in and out of each cell in your body?
- Is the liver working properly?
- How well is the digestive system working?
- Is there an imbalance of the flora in the gut?
If we address these issues and balance the doshas, the body will naturally heal it self.